"Romulus" 0-4-0 side tank loco and 4 wheel tender painted maroon and black and carrying "Elidir" Nameplates, "Avonside Engine Co. 2071", 1933 builders plates and CALDEWELL ESTATE RAILWAY in gold vinyl letters on tender sides. One of four built by TMA Engineering in 1980, the locomotive is distinguished by having side tanks cut away at rear to clear reversing mechanism, twin heavy duty adjustable "Buffalo" injectors, and generally overscale, commercial size "Crane" valves in cab etc., steel boiler, single water gauge (stamped "G.Oughton") on right hand side, and cast wheels with raised lettering -"Minimum Gauge Railways". Tender is missing its proper top and seat, and is fitted at rear with sprung side buffers, centre hook and chain, and centre buffer/coupling; and has coal bunker forward of tank.
There is a £500 reward offered for information leading to recovery, and conviction of those involved.
All information on this site is copyright © Andrew J Clark